Thursday, May 28, 2009

With all my love...

What, my mother, is love?

My young one looked up and smiled

I couldn't tell you, my child

But you have it in you

And you feel it always.

I have grown too old

Burdened with fear and loss

Couldn't give in nor open up

Love would mean so

To open up the heart

To invite, to let go, to let sink in

Only you could my child

Love with all thy heart

You could teach me love

For you could cry

And let no demonic ego cast a shadow.

An uninhibited expression, love is.

Born from the heart and soul

Only you could my child

For I have lost touch

With the world and love

If only for a moment I could be you

A soul with no tainted heart

I could embrace you, hold you

With all the love only a child could give

For love is innocence, untouched by knowledge

Pure, virginal and uncorrupted

So teach me, my child, my love

How to love with all the heart

For I wish to cry, drown my burdens

In tears, to feel lighter and young

To take a voyage in the sea of love

So pray teach me, my child

How to love with all my love.

3 comments:

Sreeja said...

Venu Sir, this is simply superb... :) U have placed words so beautifully !!
Hatz off to u Sir !!!! :)

Venugopal Unnikrishnan said...

Thank you, Sreeja

This is Piyali said...

I am speechless and moved...you have penned down such a beautiful and heartwarming poem...superb indeed !!