Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wayside Dahlia

"Flower by the way side, the fragrance

Unsavoured, the softness of the petals

Uncaressed, a being so divine, yet so

Unnoticed, but a presence felt and marked

The world be oblivious to its presence

But I, the wind, know and touch

The tangible yet enigmatic soul

For I caress those petals of sweetness

The fragrance I carry and spread

Far and wide, and they say

Oh, wind , come thee and spread

The sweet smell you carry in your bosom

I smile, for they do not know

I have been blessed, by a soul so graceful

She gives me all and I take all the goodness,

The dew she holds on the petals,

The blanket of sweet perfume she dons,

And the honey, but she only smiles

Gives me more and to everyone, who

Care to visit, and dine with her

I spread the gifts far and wide

And they say, come thee, Oh sweet cool breeze

Fill my home and drive away the

Wrath of drought, and I smile

For I know, the cool breeze that is I,

Am blessed by a soul who send with me

The cool dew drops I carry on me

If only they looked, if only they would listen

They would know you, my Pretty

A being so divine, so lovely and so pure

So virginal, yet pregnant with love and affection"

8 comments:

Winnie the poohi said...

Beautiful!

Venugopal Unnikrishnan said...

Thank you very much

Shakthi said...

Excellent..

Raghesh Raghavan said...

Venu . I only Knew Kakki kuupayathinullil oru kavi ondu but not among dumbells

Raghesh Raghavan said...

dumbelled flied hridayam

Pranav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pranav said...

Awesome! YOu Are Great. That was Beautiful.

angel in disguise.... said...

dahlia..its so beautifully defined..!
My first visit here,n what a welcome ..loved it!:)